Saturday, May 8, 2010

An Ode to my “copy-me-all-times” friend!!

This missive that I pen down today stands out as an ovation to all of my near and dear ones who have and probably still do encounter, during their mundane daily chores; a sect of homo-sapiens...male –female species...those whom, I proudly type-cast...”the copy-catzzzzz”

They say “imitation is the purest form of flattery” and trust me, I would have never had the honour to understand its truest meaning hitherto I meet this female “Shashmita” (name changed for obvious reasons).

Simplicity is the virtue most rarely found and most easily lost and no one else personifies it better than her. Truthfully speaking it was her virgin simplicity that made me like her instantly. She was like a breath of fresh air, untouched by the modern glam-sham, suited-booted puppeteer world, which is what made her special. She had an earthen feel which made me want to know her more and more...and the more I started to know her, she started startling me ...more and more!!!!!!

Gradually it started to dawn upon me that her lack of identity and a tremendous urge to be accepted by people as propeller of modernity drove her to be the “miss-wannabe”. In her madness to be hip-hop and cool, she started losing the best thing she ever had “her simple self”. Salvaging my wardrobe to my friends and acquaintances’...everything I did ,ate ,wore or spoke... was replicated....even better than the Xerox machines...I would say......and it didn’t stop there,...she started believing that she was me.......and for me it started becoming a nightmarish horror flick...with one of your best friends becoming your best-stalker.......

Things started going from bad to worse and even before she could ever realise it started colouring her psyche...



Piqued and disappointed, in various ways I, tried hinting her and painting reality....my futile efforts, today drove me to share this episode with all of you....as the pain of losing a good friend onto the hands of covetousness and contest.......is unparallel and leaves your heat soared!!!!

Hence I bow down to each and every living soul today and salute the self within each heartbeat....’cause everyone is special just the way they are ....and to change our innate self would mean to defy...the invent of The Almighty, sitting high up in those blue skies.....because He sent us down to love and share love...............so love our own self the way you came.....unchanged and unfazed.....is definitely God-willing and God-sent!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment